Fatigue, meaning tiredness or the feeling of not having enough energy, is a symptom that may result from a great variety of causes, and it is probably among the most common symptoms described to physicians and other practitioners. It may range from mild loss of usual energy, to greater weariness at certain times of the day, to complete exhaustion and near inability to move.
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), or chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS), is much less common and a more concerning and harder-to-correct problem. Practitioners and scientists are still working to figure out the cause.
Factors contributing to fatigue:-
• Chronic diarrhea and nutrient loss
• Chronic pain
• Depression (and persistent anxiety)
• Environmental toxicity
• Immune suppression
• Lack of sleep (or poor sleep and sleep apnea)
• Low HCL
• Poor digestion
• Progressive disease
• Sluggish liver
• Stress and overwork
• Structural misalignment
• Toxicity from the colon
More specific causes of fatigue and chronic fatigue:-
- Yeast and mold infections and allergies- Candida albicans.
- Viral infections (acute) - colds, flus, hepatitis and mononucleosis.
- Viral infections (chronic)- HIV, Epstein-barr, cytomegalovirus and herpes.
- Parasite infections- many possible such as amoebas or worms
- Bacterial infections- staphylococcus or streptococcus.
- Hormonal deficiencies- Hypothyroidism, low adrenal function (often due to chronic stress and sugar abuse), pituitary dysfunction, as well as menopause.
- Nutritional deficiencies- Magnesium, potassium, iodine, iron, copper, vitamin B12, folic acid, other B vitamins, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Toxic mineral excesses- lead, aluminium, mercury, nickel and cadmium.
- Metabolic disease- such as of the heart, liver or kidneys.
- Substance abuse- coffee, alcohol, sugar, food reactions, rancid oils, marijuana and other drugs.
- Environmental contamination- fluorescent lights, chemical sensitivity.
- Psychological problems- boredom and depression, overall unhappiness about life situations and progress.
Our Good Health Always ‘Antifatigue Nutrient Program’ is aimed at incorporating specific nutrients in amounts required by the individual. It is a multifaceted approach to treating chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia. It includes the following:
- Nutritional therapies with B complex vitamins, magnesium, iodine,selenium,zinc and specific amino acids.
- Natural hormone support, including thyroid, adrenal and sex hormones.
- Incorporating herbs like ginseng, ginger, haldi, ginko biloba, gotu kola, cayenne pepper etc in case-specific amounts.
- Avoiding sugar, caffeine, alcohol and refined flour.
- Avoiding foods which are allergenic.
- Treating chronic or recurrent infections of the sinuses, bladder, vagina and prostate gland.
- Treating bacterial, yeast and parasitic infections.
- Improving digestion, absorption and assimilation of nutrients.
- Improving the individuals sleep pattern….an important factor in healing fibromyalgia and CFS
- Improving mental health and general well-being
If you would like to enrol for our ‘Antifatigue Nutrient Program’ do send us your details via the health questionnaire available on our website www.goodhealthalways.in
Hoping to help you get from fatigued to fit and fantastic soon
Stay blessed with good health …always!!!