BP is a measure of the force of blood pushing against blood vessel walls. The heart pumps blood into the arteries, which carry blood throughout the body. High BP or hypertension is dangerous...a 'silent killer'… because it makes the heart work harder to pump blood to the body and contributes to hardening of arteries, or atherosclerosis and to the development of heart failure.
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
Causes of high BP:
- Lack of physical activity
- Too much salt in the diet
- Too much alcohol consumption
- Old age
- Family history of high BP
- Chronic kidney disease
- Adrenal and thyroid issues
- Eat foods rich in potassium like bananas, watermelon, celery, parsley, mint, and coriander.
- Eat seeds like pumpkin seeds, melon seeds, cucumber seeds and flax seeds...... unsalted!
- Avoid salty foods and snacks including processed meats like bacon salami and ham, packaged soups, wafers, sauces and pickles.
- Relax, exercise, meditate...do whatever it takes to get your stress levels down.
“One way to get high blood pressure is to go mountain climbing over molehills” - Earl Wilson.
Stay blessed with good health…always!!!